Tuesday, November 25, 2008

horrible

After watching the video in class, i realized how little I knew about Skid Row. I had heard the name before but never really knew what it was. Through the video, i not only learned all about Skid Row but I was also incouraged to help those in my community, who like the men and women on skid row, are homeless and surrounded my drugs. It really made me sad to see all those people who live on the streets and really never know if their going to make it through the day. To me, the video was very effective. It opened my eyes to that horrible thing thats going on and even encourged me to want to help. It really appealed to pathos by showing all those people who really have no home, especially the little kids running around these dangerous streets. It also appealed to ethos by showing the man who used to sell drugs and has now found God. When he speaks, he talks about how low it is to do something like that and how he has found a better life and is now a rapper. Also, throughout the whole video, we're seeing facts about skid row, its size, the amount of people in it, statistics, etc. The man who made this video really appeals to all 3; logos, pathos, and ethos. His evidence is clear since it is a video and he is showing us the streets of this place with real people who go through this every day. It's a strong video which could capture anyone.

No comments: