Monday, September 8, 2008

lucky me

Fortunately,  there is nothing that i feel i shouldn't discuss with my mom. I talk to her about everything, really EVERYTHING. I only mention my mother because i don't have a lot of family in Miami and the friends i can choose, so it is not the same. 

When it comes to abortion, i happen to highly dislike debating about it. Most people give very uneducated opinions about abortion which just piss me off. I don't mind talking about it because i've educated myself on the subject so i wouldn't feel as though i'm talking out of my ass every time i argue about it. Although it's not fair to say that everyone deserves to have that option, it's also not fair for a girl who was raped at the age of 13 to mess with her body (because a 13 year olds body is no where near prepared for conceiving a baby) and have a child & bring the child into this world unwanted and/or unplanned. Without going to such an extreme, a 17 year old girl who makes a mistake and doesn't want to have a baby should not be forced to bring an unwanted child into a world where it will have enough problems to deal with. Although if i was put in the situation, i would not get an abortion, i don't believe that everyone should have to think the same way i do. I think everyone deserves to have a choice.

Politics is one thing that i rarely even talk about because i don't feel i know enough to give an opinion. Although I'm slowly learning about the candidates, i can't choose anyone just yet.

No comments: